Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ornaments

At the gallery demo last weekend I took an order for some tree ornaments, and I kicked myself for not thinking of that before, duh!  They were to be red wire and star like. I did a couple trials before I settled on one, and the test ones make great holiday pendants! The first one looks like a poinsetta flower:
The second one is half the size and makes a nice little star pendant for those less into chunky jewelry:

But I finally came up with adjusting another pattern to come up with this 6 pointed star pattern:

She wanted a set of 6, so I was busy making them this week, and because I have orders to fill this is when I started baby sitting a teething 1 yr old. LOL never a dull moment around here I tell ya!

I think they turned out rather well myself. And I found another ideas for holly leaves with red bead berries. But before I tackle ornaments I need to play with the lovely sterling silver wire I got from The Ring Lord:  http://theringlord.com/  They are based in Saskatoon, and have loads of different wire. I'll still need to order my coloured stuff from the States tho, sigh.
Anyway I need to make something really amazing with the silver and see if I can get it into the winter amateur display at the art gallery next month.  I think I have done what I'd like shown with my can tabs, so just need to go nuts with nice wire and semiprecious beads. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

LUCK!

Jill said...

Hi Cindy! I just found your blog today. I'm from Saskatoon, and doing my first craft sale this year! Your work is very interesting and I'd love to know what events you're going to be at to see it in person. Also, I've come across a few different craft sales in Saskatoon (that I won't be participating in, I'm only doing one - starting small) and I'd love to share them with you if you're interested!

Feel free to email me (envirocraftiness@gmail.com) or stop by my blog (envirocraftiness.blogspot.com)

~JILL